Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Brian and I hosted our first Thanksgiving this year. My dad, grandma (and Oliver), Aunt Debbie and her boyfriend Tim drove in from Lorain to help us celebrate. Everything went as planned…even the turkey I was so nervous about. I was freaking out a little on Wednesday because it was still frozen but it was ready to go by Thursday morning. It was my first time making a turkey and Brian’s first time carving one. I have to say we make a great team but next year we have to remember to take the wishbone out and make a wish (I had one ready too). Oh - something I learned while preparing the turkey – the neck is not always in a bag so beware!

The table looked great. I used the holiday China Terri got me as a shower gift and we finally used the water goblets we got as a wedding gift. I made a few snacks for everyone to nibble on while watching football until dinner was ready. Tim made homemade gravy (he wasn’t too excited about my canned gravy) and help Brian carve the turkey. Brian said grace and we all said what we were thankful for. After dinner we ate pie and watch football until everyone decided to head home. All in all…it was a good day.

I’ll post some pics when I find time to figure how to post them!

No comments: