Saturday, January 31, 2009
For some reason whoever originally installed the pedestal sink didn’t install shut off valves so we decided we should install them - Quick and easy, it should only take 5 minutes… right? Wrong! More like 5 hours which included 4 trips to the hardware store, 4 calls to friends for advice and 1 hilarious minute when we thought we had the valve on correct but when I turned on the water it shot off the pipe, hit B in the stomach and water went everywhere! It was pretty funny.
Our next hurdle came when we tried installing the toilet. Okay, I shouldn’t say we. All I did was paint the walls, Brian did everything else. Anyway…again, whoever installed the toilet didn’t install it correctly so when B tried to reinstall it, it wasn’t the easiest thing to do. So to make a long story short we had someone from my company come and install the toilet.
So our weekend DYI project turned into a week long project but in the end, Brian did a fantastic job. I still have a few things to add, like a shelf and maybe a picture but the bathroom looks 100% better than it did! Can’t wait to start on the main bathroom!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Five months old today! This past month was big for you (and mommy and daddy). You started eating solids, we celebrated your 1st Christmas and New Years, you rolled over and your teeth started coming in. I’d say that’s a lot for such a little guy.
Simply said, you love food. Okay, so you’re not a huge fan of plain rice cereal but who is. Dinner time is one of my favorite times of the day. You just make me smile the entire time. If I don’t feed you fast enough you grunt and just sit there with your mouth wide open just waiting for the spoon to hit your lips. Oh! One of your favorite things to do while eating - pooping. You are your father’s son! Anyway, we somehow manage to get food all over the place. Griswald and Winston will love this once you start eating finger foods. I’m sure half of your meal will somehow end up on the floor for them to eat.
As for Gris and Win, you love them. If you’re upset all I have to do is get them playing together and you just smile and laugh at them. This is great when we’re trying to do tummy time (you’re still not a fan). You just lift your little head and watch them.
A new thing you started to do this month is grab at my nose and mouth when I’m rocking you at night. It’s like you’re trying to memorize my face. One time you even fell asleep with my nose in your hand! You’ve also started staring at your hands. You’ve always had a thing for your hands but that usually involved sucking on them. Now you’re starting at them. You just wave them slowing in front of you and stare in amazement.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Saturday, January 3, 2009
My top 6 Simple Pleasures List:
1. Taking a hot bubble bath
2. Seeing Camden smile or hearing him laugh
3. Cuddling with my pups and reading a good book
4. Hot apple cider
5. Cuddling on the couch with B and watching a movie
6. Planning - anything from dinner parties to weddings
As for my new year's resolution this year... I decided on several.
1. Get in shape – I know, I know. That’s on everyone lists but it’s one of mine too. Everyone told me the last 5 pounds was the hardest to loose after having a baby. Those people are lucky! For me it’s the last 10!!!
2. Read a little each night before going to bed - I’ve been having a hard time finding time to read, so from now on the TV's being turned off and a book/magazine is being opened.
3. Find a church – This is something I’ve been talking about doing for awhile. I just need to do it.
4. Put things away after I’m done using it – I need to do this. I used to be organized. Brian now says I am the most unorganized organized person.