Wednesday, January 7, 2009

5 months...

This is one of my favorite pictures of you. It's a little blurry but you’re so happy and absolutely adorable! I love that toothless smile. It's a smile that will be changing soon. I noticed a couple days ago that you had a tooth coming in. I checked yesterday to make sure I wasn’t just imagining it and noticed both bottom teeth have popped through. I still can’t believe it. Although I am very excited about this, there’s a part of me that’s also a little sad. It just reminds me of how fast you are growing. Not only did you roll over (from your back to your stomach) for the first time this week but you’re also getting teeth! Slow down. Mommy can only take so much at once!



Five months old today! This past month was big for you (and mommy and daddy). You started eating solids, we celebrated your 1st Christmas and New Years, you rolled over and your teeth started coming in. I’d say that’s a lot for such a little guy.

Simply said, you love food. Okay, so you’re not a huge fan of plain rice cereal but who is. Dinner time is one of my favorite times of the day. You just make me smile the entire time. If I don’t feed you fast enough you grunt and just sit there with your mouth wide open just waiting for the spoon to hit your lips. Oh! One of your favorite things to do while eating - pooping. You are your father’s son! Anyway, we somehow manage to get food all over the place. Griswald and Winston will love this once you start eating finger foods. I’m sure half of your meal will somehow end up on the floor for them to eat.



As for Gris and Win, you love them. If you’re upset all I have to do is get them playing together and you just smile and laugh at them. This is great when we’re trying to do tummy time (you’re still not a fan). You just lift your little head and watch them.



A new thing you started to do this month is grab at my nose and mouth when I’m rocking you at night. It’s like you’re trying to memorize my face. One time you even fell asleep with my nose in your hand! You’ve also started staring at your hands. You’ve always had a thing for your hands but that usually involved sucking on them. Now you’re starting at them. You just wave them slowing in front of you and stare in amazement.

In the picture below, your playing with one of your Christmas presents. I love to watch you play. You're not just playing, you're learning. It's just amazing.





Christmas was so much fun. You loved the wrapping paper and I love starting our new family traditions. I hope you know how much joy you bring to me and your daddy. You just make every day so much better.




Other exciting things that happened this month:
1. 1st picture with Santa - You gave me and Santa a great big toothless smile! Love it!
2. Grandma and Grandpa Ziegman flew in from Arizona and spent a week with us. I'm so glad you got to share quality time with them.
3. Grandma and Grandpa Laurent came over from Indiana for the weekend to watch you while daddy and I went to a Christmas party and to go to a Blue Jackets game with us.


No comments: