Monday, June 8, 2009

10 months...

*Maya Laurent Photography

Camden J – It’s hard to believe that in just two short months you’re going to be a year old. I look at your new friend Aiden and I can’t believe the difference ten months makes. You’ve grown and changed so much.

You now have a total of eight teeth: four top teeth and four bottom teeth! Two more popped through this month. And with teeth comes biting. You actually left a mark on my arm today.


*Maya Laurent Photography


During your 9 month checkup, your pediatrician said that he didn’t think you were going to crawl. Well he was wrong…sort of. You don’t actually lift your belly off the ground and crawl. Instead, you’ve invented your very own style of crawling. It started off as a typical arm crawl, now it’s more of an army crawl with knees. Whatever it is, it gets you where you want to go. There’s no stopping you now.

As for sitting up on your own…you can do that too. I actually saw you do this for the 1st time about a week ago. I peeked into your room to see if you were awake. You were playing with Monkey while waiting patiently for me to come in and get you. I was about to walk in when all of a sudden I saw you trying to sit up. I stood there for a few more seconds and all of a sudden you did it. You sat up all on your own! I walked in clapping; you looked at me and let out a little giggle. Later that afternoon daddy and I finally lowered your crib!


You have a few new favorite activities. You like playing “drop the ball”. Yep, all I have to do is drop a ball and you laugh. It’s great. After I drop the ball, you hold it up and drop it. It’s actually quite fun. You also have a new love of mirrors. You take the mirror and bring it right up to your face. It’s like you finally realize that it’s you in the mirror. Very cute! I pulled your activities tables out this month and you love them. Daddy and I’ve holding you up so you can play with them but over the past couple of days you’ve started to try to pull yourself up. Another milestone about to happen…

Putting toys away is another favorite. Well, you like to put them in things and then take them back out. For example, you love to put toys on the bottom of the exersaucer and then take them out. Or put them in the toy bin and take them back out. Daddy says that you and Griswald had fun playing this game yesterday. You kept putting one of Griwald's toys on the bottom of the exersaucer and Griswald kept taking it back out. I’m glad you two are bonding.

Speaking of bonding - Griswald and Winston love you, especially now that you feed them. Over the past month your meals went from being about 80% pureed foods to about 90% table/finger foods. This was going great until this past week when you decided that after just a few short weeks of eating meat you’d rather be a vegetarian. Now every time we put a piece of meat on your tray, you drop it on the floor for the pups. You’ve also started moving your hand across your tray and shoving everything onto the floor and throwing your bottle/sippy cup when you’re done. OH – you’re also not a big fan of macaroni & cheese.

This past month something big happened. I spent my first night away from you. Your daddy and I took a trip to Atlanta for a friends’ wedding and you stayed with your Grandma and Grandpa Laurent. I have to admit, I handled it better than I expected. I missed you of course but it was nice to get away, to spend some time with your daddy and to see some old friends. Plus, it was easy since I knew you were being spoiled during your vacation away from me and Daddy.



As for your ears, they’re not getting any better. In fact, you had to have a total of four shots this month. They seem to be the only thing that helps. It looks like you’re going to have to get tubes. Your doctor referred us to an ENT so we’ll know more towards then end of this month. I just hope you don’t get another ear infection before your appointment. By the way, your daddy says he’s sorry. You evidently inherited his ears.



Daddy wanted me to add that your favorite thing to say is da da da da (although I say you have no idea what it means and the pediatrician agrees with me). It’s something that we hear on a regular basis. Camden, I love hearing you talk no matter what you say but come on already – MA MA MA MA!!





Other exciting things that happened this month:
1. Took a trip to Indy to visit Zane, Aunt Maya and Uncle Pat.
2.Went to the zoo with Laurel, Jason and Cole. You love the monkeys.
3. Went to the zoo with Hannah and took your 1st train ride
4. Had a picnic with Keira, Brandon and Aiden
5. Played in your pool for the 1st time



No comments: