Monday, February 15, 2010

18 months...

There are amazing little moments that happen everyday. I try to take a mental snapshot of each of them because it's these little moments that I don't want to forget. Last night for instance - you and daddy were sitting on the couch and you gave him a kiss and my heart just melted. And today you gave me the perfect ending to a crazy day. You not only let me rock you to sleep, but you looked up at me, said mom and gave me a kiss. It was wonderful. Mom is the best word - I've been looking foward to you saying that word since even before you were born and now you're saying it! Life can be crazy so I have to constantly remind myself to just relax and enjoy our time together. Thank you for helping me to do that.

So this week you are transitioning to the Toddler 1 class at daycare! I can't believe you're a toddler! There are big changes coming your way - You'll now be taking naps on a cot, sitting at a table for lunch and drinking from a big boy cup! I can't wait to see how you adjust. I'm sure you'll do great!

You've grown so much over the past year and a half. You just had your 18 month check-up and the doctor said you're doing great. You're 33 inches tall (90th percentile) and weigh 25 pounds (50th percentile). You're talking more and more each day. Your two favorite words are snacks and ball but you also say mom, socks, shoes, basketball, golf, yes and a few other words. You can sign eat, more, please, all done, milk and thank you. You give kisses and hugs and love to climb on the kitchen chairs.

We've recently started to let you watch a little TV. Two shows actually - Chuggington and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You only sit in one place for about five minutes but you seem to enjoy them for those five minutes. Another cute thing you're doing...

Basketball and golf are your two favorite sports. Although... you do love OSU football! We can point to anything OSU and raise your arms like your saying touchdown! You also have a special dance you do when you make a basket...It's adorable!!!

You continue to love music and dancing and seem to really enjoy you're WeJoySing classes. It's been fun for your daddy and I to watch you grow and learn during these classes.

I'm looking foward teaching you new things and to learning new things from you.

I love you more than words can say.

No comments: