Tuesday, August 3, 2010

On your way...

June 30th - It has been two days. Two days since I found out you’re on your way! I have so many things running through my mind. Are you okay? Are you growing? Is your little heart beating? I called the doctor today and she scheduled my first appointment for August 2nd…. It’s June 29th. How am I supposed to wait another 6 weeks before I know you’re okay?

I must admit, your daddy and I are very surprised. It took us a year to conceive your big brother and you… well, let’s just say it didn’t take any time at all. I had a feeling I was pregnant last week, mother’s intuition I guess you can say. I wanted to surprise your daddy this time so I kept my feelings to myself.

My plan was to take a pregnancy test when your daddy wasn’t home so I could fight the urge to tell him and surprise in a special way. However, when I got home, your daddy was home. He was supposed to be at Keira and Brandon’s by the time I got back from the store. I was so anxious and there was no way could wait to take the test so I told myself that if the test was positive, I would say I forgot something and had to run out. That way I could start my plan. However, in the 5 seconds it took for the test to show two pink lines, I changed my mind. I quickly (but carefully) ran downstairs. Your daddy and Camden were sitting on the couch and I pulled the test out of my pocket. Your daddy was shocked (as was I). All he could do is say, ”WHAT?!...WHAT?! How many did you take? Are you serious?”. Then he wanted to call your Grandma and Grandpa Laurent to share our happy news, but I told him no. I didn’t get to surprise him but we were going to surprise everyone else!

And so it begins…

1 comment:

Sam said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!