Tuesday, February 15, 2011

37 Weeks

Ethan -

Your Daddy and I are anxiously awaiting your arrival. Everything is pretty much ready to go – your room is coming along, your clothes are in your closet/dresser, the bottles are in the cabinet, and the pack-n-play is together and next to our bed. Just a few more decorations to add to your room and everything will be in place. I can’t wait to see you lying in your crib. Before bed each night, I check on Camden and then look into the nursery imagining you there.

Your big brother is excited too. He points to your room and says “Ethan’s room”. He even picked out a blue elephant to give to you when you come home. This past weekend he attended a siblings class at the hospital. I was so proud of him. When the nurse asked what your name was going to be he said, “Ethan”…Okay more like “Efan”. It was so cute! He’s so excited to be a big brother. When we ask him what he’s going to teach you he says he’s going to teach you to crash race cars. Oh what fun we’re going to have!

As for this pregnancy, you have been breech the entire time. It was a hard decision that I truly struggled with, but in the end I decided to go ahead and let my doctor attempt to turn you instead of scheduling a C-section. The procedure was a little more painful than I expected and I am now sporting a huge bruise on my lower abdomen, but the procedure worth it for a couple of reasons. One, you let the doctor turn you and handled it like a champ! The second reason…While we were waiting for the doctor, the nurse said something that really hit me and practically had me in tears. She said she believes babies are breech for a reason. They can sense their mother needs them, that their mother has something going on and because of that wants to be as close to mom’s heart has possible. I just smiled at her when she said this. This whole time I have been calling your stubborn, but now I have changed my mind and instead want to believe that what she said is true. Maybe you’ve been breech this entire time because you’ve wanted to be closer to my heart. Maybe it has been your way of reminding me of your presence and love while I’ve dealt with the stress and emotions of losing Griswald.

After leaving the hospital yesterday your Daddy and I are even more anxious about your arrival than before. We are so excited for you to join our family, to be at home with us, and to see you and Camden interacting together. This has been a long, emotional, uncomfortable pregnancy, but knowing that you will be coming home with us very soon makes it all worth it!

We can’t wait to meet you sometime in the next few weeks!

Love,
Mommy, Daddy and Camden

No comments: