Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ethan - 3 Months...





Ethan –
The past three months have flown by. I’m not sure of your exact weight, but I’m guessing you’re almost 15 pounds if not more and around 24.5 inches. We’ll know for sure next month during your four month checkup. All I know - You’re a big boy! I call you my little line backer. I had to pack up most of your 0-3 month clothes earlier in the month. As for diapers, you moved into a size 2 at the beginning of the month and you’re already moving into a size 3!

The weather the past few months has been horrible – record rainfall – so we’ve spent most of our time inside. You’ve grown to love your activity mat and I love watching you reach up to try to grab the animals hanging down over you. We’ve slowly started to introduce you to the bumbo chair and exersaucer. You seem to love them both. Another thing you love (and I love), the fact that you can face forward in the carrier. It’s a hold new world now that you have more head control!

This past month we've settled into a schedule which not only makes you a happy baby, but also makes me a happy Mommy! Now if we could just get you sleeping through the night…

Monday, May 23rd – Your first day of daycare! I cried when I dropped you off that first day. Up until that day it was you and me during the day. I knew I was going to miss you and I did. You, however, made me feel so much better. When I walked into your classroom to pick you up, you gave me the biggest smile and just melted my heart.



Not only did you start daycare this month, but you also had your first trip to Grandma and Grandpa Laurent’s and your first night away from me! Your Daddy and I went to Indianapolis to celebrate Timbo’s birthday while you and Camden stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. You both seemed to have fun and your grandparents enjoyed having you. You had a great time meeting your Great Grandma Laurent for the first time too! You even smiled for her.



Actually you are smiling all the time now and have started letting out little giggles. Adorable! I only have one picture of you smiling though. Whenever I get out the camera you just stare at it like you are trying to figure out what it is. Hopefully you’ll let me take some this coming month.


I’m so excited for the summer. I’m looking forward to spending time with you and Camden at the park, zoo and water park. I’m curious to see if you like the water. So far, you’re not a huge fan of baths.

Love,

Mommy

Other fun things this month –
1. You met your Great Grandma Laurent.
2. Attended your 1st birthday party – Aiden McGlone
3. Made your 1st trip to Indianapolis for your Cousin Jude’s dedication.



1 comment:

Nicole said...

He is so cute and he sure has filled in alot in one month.