Thursday, September 27, 2007

Quote for Today

I love quotes. I love how one or two sentences can say so much. I thought I’d share a quote that was included in an email I received from a friend today.

"I believe that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become."

Growing up and I guess even now, I get frustrated with people who blame their parents or their family life for how they turned out or why they act a certain way. Every one goes through hard times but I think it’s up to each individual to decide what path they want to follow. I realize some people are stronger than others but I also believe that you are who you want to be and if you don’t like who you are then only you can take the steps to become the person you want to be.

No comments: