Friday, September 12, 2008

One Month Old...

I can’t believe you’re one month old…okay a few days past but we’re going through some sleeping issues which I’ll explain later so I was unable to get on the computer. This past month has been a roller coaster of emotions: happy, terrified, excited, exhausted, proud (I could go on). I still can’t believe you are finally here with us. Life has definitely changed but in a good…a great way. I mean we’re still the same people we were a month ago, we still hang out with friends (you’ve been to so many places already), go out to dinner and do what we normally did but we have you to make everything more meaningful. Your daddy went back to work when you were around 10 days old. It was so hard for him to leave us but when he got home…the look on his face was priceless. He loves you so much and was so happy to see you.

My favorite time with you is late at night when you finish eating. I sit there rocking you and just stare at you while you’re sleeping in my arms. Sometimes you’re still awake and you’ll open one or both eyes to make sure I’m still there. I just hold you and reflect on the past 10 months and think about the future. I know it sounds funny but you’re growing up so fast! You’ve changed so much in the past month. You’re much more aware of what’s going on around you and I find you staring at things like you’re taking it all in. One of your favorite things to stare at is your Uncle Pat’s painting that’s hanging above our couch. It’s a painting of a guy playing poker with a girl sitting next to him. I hope this means you’re going to be interested in art and not gambling! You’ve also started making faces which are adorable but I’m still anxiously awaiting your first “real” smile. Hopefully we’ll be seeing this sometime soon. I can tell you’re wanting to but it’s just not there yet. You’re also staying awake longer which gives us time to bond. We read to you a lot and you seem to like your activity mat (even if it’s only for about 2 minutes). You stare at the butterflies and cow that are hanging from it. Another one of your favorite things is… ME! You’re favorite sleeping position is diagonal across my belly and chest. You rest your head on my shoulder and fall asleep. It seems to be the only position that calms you and when I try to put you down in your crib, pack N play or bassinet…you wake up. I have to admit - I love the fact that you want to be with me and I’m trying to enjoy every moment because I know eventually things will change but there are times when I need to be able to put you down…Like at 3am or when I want to check my email, or wash dishes etc. I’ll be working from home for a few weeks so we’ll have to work on this.

Other exciting things that happened this month:
You got to meet your Uncle Pat, Aunt Maya and Cousin Zane - You had your first photo shoot with Aunt Maya.
You met your Grandma Ziegman. She came in from Arizona and stayed for 8 days. We had lots of fun and she spoiled you the entire time.
You watched (okay slept through) your 1st OSU game.
You went on your first road trip - We went to Grandma and Grandpa Laurents!!


Go Bucks!!!


First OSU game



Bonding with the pups


Camden and Grandma Ziegman


Camden and Grandma Laurent
Camden and Grandpa Adams


Camden and Grandpa Laurent




2 comments:

Michelle said...

WoW Camden has done so much already!!! :) His photo shoot was awesome!!

Sam said...

I can't believe how big he is already!!!