Friday, August 24, 2007

This weekend...

Brian and I have been working hard, trying to get our house ready this weekend. Pat, Maya and Zane are coming to visit and they’ve never been to the house before. Plus, Brian’s parents are coming and they haven’t been to the house since we moved in. In addition to that we decided to have a summer BBQ at our place while they are in town - We now have about 30 people coming to our place Saturday!

This was the first month Brian and I were home for more than a week at a time so it was the perfect time to do the things we’ve wanted to do around the house. Brian started painting the trim (including garage) outside and it looks fantastic. He did such a great job. The house looks 100x’s better than it did. I painted the trim (including doors) inside…it definitely brightens up the place. We also replaced the lighting in the kitchen and the fan in our bedroom. I shampooed the carpet in every room and finally organized the 2nd spare room. I have to say, I think we did a great job!

We have so much more we want to do in the house but I think our next big project will be to replace the flooring in the bathrooms. We have a close friend who just laid new flooring in his bathrooms and it looks great!

As for this weekend, the whole reason we planned the summer BBQ was so Pat, Maya, and Zane could meet everyone and so everyone could meet them but I kind of wish we had planned our BBQ for a different weekend so we could have more one on one time with them. I hope they enjoy their visit and the next time they come, we’ll have to plan to go to the Short North to see the art galleries.

No comments: