Monday, June 23, 2008

Shower Weekend

This past weekend was fun and definitely went by too fast. Friday, my mom flew in from Arizona. Brian picked her up from the airport and I met them at our house around 11am. I hadn't seen my mom since last September so this was very exciting and emotional. I started crying before I even opened the door! It was so nice to be able to spend time with her. Friday afternoon we went to Babies R Us and to pick up the gifts from my mom and Dennis. They got us the pack and play and the car seat for Camden. Friday night mom was exhausted from flying through the night so we stayed in and fell asleep early.

Saturday, the day of the shower, we all woke up around 6:30am. Brian started working on the yard and mom made breakfast. Now, I usually don't let guests cook but my mom makes this very tasty gravy that I absolutely love so she made that while I made the eggs....yum! We headed over to Keira’s for the shower around 2pm. I am so blessed to have friends and family that care so much for me, Brian and Camden. We had people drive in from Indy, Lorain, Xenia, Decatur, and Toledo. They all drove so far, I wish I could have spent more time with them. Keira, Cindy and Laurel did an amazing job planning the shower. The food was great, the decorations were beautiful and the games were fun. Everyone seemed to have a great time. The one thing I wish I would have done is take more pictures! I took my camera and tried to take pics of everyone there but missed a lot of people. I only have one picture with one group of friends and a picture with my mom. I wanted a pic with me, mom and Terri and one with me, Keira, Laurel and Cindy and with my friends from Indy and it totally didn’t happen. Come to think of it, I would have like a picture of the bunch bowl too. Anyway, I really wish I would have had more pics taken (Missed you Maya) but other than that, the shower was amazing. We received so many wonderful gifts. Thank you everyone!

Sunday was fun…at least for me. I got to organize Camden’s room! I woke up early and started going through the gifts. I showed Brian everything and started sorting through the clothes first (all 0-6 mths are cleaned and put away). While mom and I were “organizing”, Brian put the glider together. It looks great in the room. Brian actually almost fell asleep in it. There are still a few things we need and part of me wants to go out and buy them now, but we still have two more showers (work and neighborhood) so Brian said I have to wait!

Here are some pics from the weekend! Thanks again Keira, Laurel and Cindy for planning such a wonderful shower. And thank you to our friends and family for your love and generosity! We are very lucky to have all of you.




Mom and I





The Girls





The Glider






The boys helping out

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! The shower was just lovely!! I had a great time and can't wait to spend more time with you over the holiday :)
~Michelle

Shey said...

had fun seeing you too!! Your shower was great! If I had known Maya wouldnt be there I would have brought my camera!!!! Crap! :)