Thursday, July 17, 2008

36 week checkup - 2 cm!!!!!

I just had my 36 week checkup and I’m dilated to 2cm! Now I know in the grand scheme of things this doesn’t mean much. I can be dilated to 2cm for the next 3 weeks. But to me this means I am one step closer to meeting my little boy! It means that this pregnancy is coming to an end and a new exciting chapter is about to begin.

Over the past two weeks Brian and I have completed two classes: Labor and Delivery and Baby Basics. The Labor and Delivery class, although helpful and informative, scared me! Not that I was oblivious to the fact that I am going to be in great deal of pain when labor actually begins but to actually see the video of women giving birth freaked me out a little bit! The class however relaxed Brian a bit which is good. This will allow me to freak out when labor begins. This past Tuesday we attended the Baby Basics class. We had a quick lesson on bathing, swaddling, diaper changing, and CPR etc. Although changing a dolls diaper is nothing like changing a baby’s diaper, I think this class also helped Brian feel more comfortable. I can’t wait to see him change our little one’s diaper!

Our final class is the breastfeeding class. We’re planning to attend this on Monday. I’m a little nervous about breastfeeding. The idea of it makes me a little queasy to be perfectly honest. I hoping this class helps me to relax a little but we’ll see. It’s better for my baby so regardless; I’m going to give it a try.

That’s all for now. I can’t believe Camden’s due in less than a month!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Breastfeeding freaked me out too...but it's not bad at all. If you have any questions or concerns...call me. It helps to talk to people who have/are doing it! We're really excited for you guys.
Love,
Sam