Saturday, November 8, 2008

Three Months Old...

I woke up this morning and the first thing I said to you was “Happy 3 month Birthday”. I’ve spent the day telling you how big and cute you are and how much you’ve changed. And now I’m sitting down to write you your 3 month letter and I find myself feeling a little sad. I just checked my email and I got an update from Whattoexpect.com. The subject of the email is “Your 3-Month-Old Baby: Newborn No More:. The article goes on to say that at 3 months you are officially an infant. WHAT?! Not a newborn? But you’re my precious little newborn. I love seeing you grow and change daily but I’m not ready for you to loose the label of Newborn.

A lot has changed over the past month. The first big change being...I started work and you started daycare. You started on a Monday and I started work on Wednesday. It’s a good thing we planned it that way because I cried Monday morning before we left the house, when we dropped you off, when I called our Grandma Ziegman and when your Grandma Laurent called to see how the day went. Now keep in mind, our Grandma Laurent called after I had already picked you up! I also cried Tuesday morning but by Wednesday I was fine. That may have been because your daddy dropped you off alone on Wednesday. Anyway, daycare is going well. You even made your 1st art project. It’s your footprint made into a ghost for Halloween!

I know I say this every month but you have grown and changed so much this past month. I had to clean out your closet again. You’re now wearing all 3-6mth clothing and even some 6-9mth and you’ve moved into size 2 diapers! Tummy time is still difficult for you but it’s getting better. You’ve also started to roll to your side while playing on your activity mat and you’re reaching for your toys. You’re also talking all the time and you even laughed for the 1st time this month. I can’t wait to hear that more often. OH! And Daddy's happy - you held you're 1st golf club!Another thing you’ve started to do this month – pull my hair. Ouch!

Other exciting things that happened this month –
- Grandma and Grandpa Laurent came to visit. Grandpa was excited because Penn State beat OSU.
- You attended your first wedding and your first baby shower.
- We went to the zoo again. We’ll be spending a lot of time there thanks to G-ma and G-pa L.
- You’re 1st Halloween – You were a pumpkin at daycare and Tigger while we handed out candy.
- We went to the pumpkin patch and daddy picked out a pumpkin for you.
- You attended your 1st hockey game. Laurel, Jason and Cole went with us.



No comments: