Tuesday, March 10, 2009

7 Months...

You are now approximately 19 pounds and 29 inches long! There were so many bigs changes this month; I’m not sure where to begin. I guess we’ll start with your sleeping habits. You are FINALLY sleeping through the night! Hooray!!! There’s no more running in at 4am to give you your pacifier. I think you’re finally sleeping through the night for several reasons. One, we let you “cry it out” a couple of nights. Two, we introduced you to your tiger blanket. And what I consider to be a huge milestone, number three…you can put your pacifier into your mouth all on your own!!! YEH!!! We have about three pacifiers in your crib so no matter where you end up, you can always find one. We said goodbye to your mobile this month and replaced it with a musical aquarium which you quickly learned how to turn on and off. I heard a banging noise coming from your room the other day. When I ran in to see where the noise was coming from, I saw you laying there in amazement just kicking the aquarium on and off. Adorable!




You are definitely not the helpless little boy you were just a few short months ago. You have come to understand words and know what you want and how to get it for the most part. Take your eating habits for instance. You still love food and love to eat but you are now more vocal about it. You seem to understand what I am saying when I say and sign the words eat and more. We have to hide your bottle or you cry until we give it to you. Depending on your mood, you cry when we give you a spoonful of veggies and stop when we give you a bite of fruit. This started after we introduced you to Stage 2 fruits. Mommy makes your veggies but buys most of your fruit. I just can’t bring myself to cook fruit. Come to think of it…Are you crying when we give you veggies because you don’t like my cooking? Hmmm….




Finger foods have been added to your menu this past week. Let me rephrase that – puffs have been added to your menu. The first time I gave one to you; you picked it right up and put it in your mouth. Okay so it took you a few tries but you did it. I was able to get a quick picture of your face. You’re definitely not sure of the texture but it’s a start.





This month we also introduced the Sippy cup. You haven’t quiet figured out that you have to put your head back to drink from it and you can’t actually pick it up and hold it steady but you’re learning. It’s all about the basics.




The weather is slowly improving and spring is just around the corner. There were a couple of nice days this past month so were able to get outside. We walked around the neighborhood a couple of times and you even experienced your play set for the first time. I put you in your swing and pushed you lightly. You seemed to be a little unsure at first but then started to enjoy yourself. I can’t wait for more days like that.




You have mastered rolling over to your tummy! Every time I put you down, I lay you on your tummy and within 2 second you are on your back. Sitting is new favorite of yours also. You still fall over a lot but if you have a toy in front of you to focus on you can sit for a longer period of time.




The pups are your favorite things in the world. You just can’t seem to get enough of them. You did however pull Griswald’s hair for the first time this month. You pulled his hair so hard he cried. I felt so bad. He just looked at me like I did it and ran away from both of us. Other than that one incident you seem to be doing well with them.

You have found your voice! You talk all the time – scream mostly. It’s adorable. You’ve also realized crying or laughing, or screaming will get you what you want. Mommy needs to work on this a little….



Your daddy and I have come to realized the Camden we know really only comes out when we are at home. Anywhere else the “taking it all in” Camden comes out. Whenever we’re in a new place it’s like the wheels are turning in your head. It’s like you're studying every aspect of your new surroundings. You don’t laugh or smile until you’ve had a chance to study everything then once you’re comfortable you start to come around.

This month has been huge for me too. I finally feel like I have a grasp on things! I’m not saying that I’m organized or up-to-date on things but I feel like I’ve finally settled in to my new role as a mother. However, one thing that I am now struggling with is the fact that my little boy doesn’t want to cuddle as much! I have rocked you almost every night before bed and this past month you have decided you’d rather me not. And the naps with mommy on the couch are gone for the most part. You’d rather me put you in your crib. I’m hoping this is just a phase and you will want to cuddle more this month but for now I take any cuddle time I can get…even if it’s only for a minute.

Okay I have to mention it, if I don’t your daddy will point out the fact that I didn’t. This month you had your 1st bloody nose. Now, it wasn’t horrible and you were only bleeding for 1 minute. And it hurts me to have to admit this but yes.. it was my fault. Your mommy gave you a bloody nose…with a Winnie the Pooh golf club of all things. We were playing on the floor and it slipped out of my hand and hit your nose. I was so upset. I’m so sorry! I love you!




Other exciting things that happened this month:
1. Your Grandpa Adams, Great-Grandma Adams and Great Aunt Debbie visited and helped us celebrate your 1st Valentine’s Day
2. We visited your Grandma and Grandpa Laurent
3. You met the Bakers and they adored you…of course.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh goodness...I have to wait six more months to finally get a grasp (or at least feel like I have a grasp on motherhood!?) Ugh! .

I can not believe how fast those seven months went by! He is getting so big!!! I love his cute little face!!!