Thursday, July 5, 2007

No plans...

It’s funny. Brian and I always seem to have something to do. We never have a night or a weekend to just hang out. If we do we usually find something to do, like paint a room in the house, mow the grass, do housework, have friends over…there’s always something. Well, Tuesday Brian and I both got off work early. My dad was in town so we had an early dinner with him before he headed out. After he left we just looked and each other. We had no plans for the evening: no golf, no volleyball, no scheduled gathering at a friend’s house, no hockey or football game. We took the pups for a walk and then decided to head over to a friends house to hang out. As we were leaving, we looked at each and decided all we really wanted to do was stay home and do something we haven’t done in a while…NOTHING. We headed out back and I read a book while Brian listed music. We just sat on the back patio, watch the fireworks a neighbor was setting off and just enjoyed the night. Later on we headed back into the house and the four of us, Brian, Griswald, Winston and myself, fell asleep on the couch until about midnight.

I have to say, there is nothing I love more than taking a walk with my husband and our pups on a nice evening.

No comments: