Monday, July 16, 2007

Weekend at Home

Since April, Brian and I have only had two weekends at home with nothing to do: No weddings, no bachelorette parties, no bridal showers, no birthday parties, no scheduled parties with our friends. This weekend was free. Friday night, I decided to stay in and rent a movie I’d been wanting to see (Because I Said So) while Brian went out with some friends that were in town for a golf tournament. On Saturday, I woke up and started priming the doors to our bedrooms and closets while Brian went golfing (on 3 hrs sleep) with our neighbor. When Brian got home around 3pm, I was still working hard on the doors and the trim (paint everywhere) and Brian planned to start scrapping the trim outside after a short nap. However, we ended up on the couch watching a movie and eating dinner….another relaxing night. Sunday was the best day. Brian and I woke up, went to breakfast and then walked 18 holes, watching a friend of ours was play in a Nationwide event. It was so much fun! After the tournament, we headed home and had a nice dinner outside, drank some wine and Corona, and spent time in the backyard with our pups and on our swing set. We took turns swinging (we only have one swing) and just talked about things and relaxed. While we were outside, Brian said, "Think this is one of my top 10 days". I just smiled. It's one of my top days too!

No comments: