Monday, December 31, 2007

It’s New Year’s Eve…

I have plans tonight; plans to celebrate the New Year with good friends, plans that were made before I found out I was pregnant, plans that I now want to cancel. All I really feel like doing is crawling back into bed. I want to sleep for the next 3 weeks! That’s when this sick hangover type feeling is supposed to go away...right?

I spoke with a friend this weekend. A friend who found out she and her husband lost a baby about the time Brian and I found out we were expecting a baby. I didn’t even know she was pregnant but she suspected I was and didn’t want to tell me until she thought I could handle it. Although she seems okay, I can’t imagine what she must be going through. Our conversation made me realize that although I feel horrible, I should embrace this pregnancy and enjoy every minute of it. So from now on, I’m going to try to smile and thank God for the miracle he has brought us even when I am sitting on the bathroom floor sick to my stomach. As for tonight, I’m going to join my friends for dinner (although I’m skipping the late night dancing) and celebrate the memories we made in 2007 and toast to what 2008 has to bring.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Abbey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abbey said...

I'm thinking about crawling back into bed too, but i'm not pregnant. I just have bad luck with New Years. 2008 will bring lots of changes, and I can't wait to celebrate them with you! I hope you feel better soon.....
-A