Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New Year's Resolution....

I usually don’t make a New Year’s Resolution and if I do, I usually don't keep it. This year's going to be different. I going to make myself keep this one. My New Year’s Resolution for 2008 is to slow down and take in the moments that really count.

Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve realized that I need to slow down. Not everything has to be rush, rush, rush or done at a particular moment: dishes can wait, laundry can wait. I need to take things in and savor moments that really count.

I came to this realization last Saturday when Hannah stayed the night with Brian and I. Saturday morning, Brian made breakfast and then Hannah and I made cookies. Right after we were done I started cleaning the kitchen while Brian and Hannah went outside to build a snowman. From the kitchen I could hear them laughing and carrying on. Why wasn’t I outside building a snowman with them? Why was I inside cleaning and vacuuming? Is this how it’s going to be when we have kids; me inside cleaning and Brian outside having fun, creating memories? NO! I want to be outside. I want to help make those memories. That’s when I dropped the washcloth, left the remaining dishes in the sink, grabbed the camera and headed outside to take some pictures and join them in a snowball fight.

When I figure out how to post pics I’ll share some from that morning!

Here’s to resolutions that really count!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting phenomenon we at replica watches have been replica watches that should be of particular interest for anyone keen to get a popular sport replica watches from certain brands in the the next several years. replica watches sale know how much this emotion can galvanize watch collector purchase behavior. This means brands typically restrict all the replica watches sale they make, just some of them in order to replica watches collector interest and zeal. We try to sell to local customers, but this is really hard to police. My recommendation is to establish rolex replica sale with your authorized Rolex Dealer and he will be able to get you your special Rolex watch. Be patient and persistent. There is a considerable difference between the Rolesor and the replica watches versions both in terms of looks, style, and price. A fan of two replica watches anyway but prefer I the yellow gold rolesor to this rose gold mix.