Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Four Months Old...

Your 4-month checkup went well today. You are now 15 pounds, 12 ounces and 27 inches long. That puts you in the 75th percentile for weight and the 97th percentile for height! That explains why you seem to have grown out of your 3-6 month clothes already. You must have grown at least 2 inches in the past couple of weeks. Your pediatrician gave us the thumbs up to start you on rice cereal whenever we feel you’re ready. I think we might try that this weekend.

One major change that happened this month - you are now a formula fed baby. My goal was to breastfeed you for 6 months but after this past week, a couple cry sessions with Laurel and a couple of conversations with your daddy, I decided it was time. It was a very emotional decision but I am glad I made the decision before you. Last night I decided to use up some of the stored milk I had and you refused it. I think it had something to do with the fact that you were fed only formula this past week but still…it made me sad.

On a happy note…you have the most adorable smile and laugh! Sometimes when I look at you I find you staring at me with this adorable grin on your face that just melts my heart.

You’re making some new noises and your voice seems to be getting deeper. You love to talk to your toys and you seem more focused when reaching out for them. You still haven’t rolled over and seem to have zero interest in doing so. Tummy time is getting better, although it is still your least favorite activity.

One of your favorite things to do is stand. We used to sit you in our laps while singing and talking to you but now you kick us or stiffen up until we hold you up. You also love your hands. You hold them together like you’re praying or you suck on them… not just your thumb…your entire fist. We've also started putting you in your jumperoo. You seem to love it. The first time I put you in it you started swinging and just looked at me and giggled. Your new trick is wiggling your way around your activity mat. We'll lay you one way and you end up another. You also enjoy wiggling your way around when we are trying to change you! You're already almost too long for your changing table, wiggling doesn't help. It is however adorable and very entertaining. We've started putting foot rattles on your feet. You seem to ignore them until we sit you in your bumpo chair. OH - I almost forgot, you're also trying to hold your bottle!


As for the pups – you’re really noticing them now. You watch them play together and even laugh at them when they wrestle. We get down on the floor and play fetch with them. Griswald sometimes bring toys over to you when you’re on your activity mat and both of them just stop by at times to give you kisses. I’m happy to see you guys bonding.

This past weekend I decorated the house for Christmas. We had an interesting time finding a Christmas tree but I hope it’s a tradition you come to love. We actually have two trees in our house: our family tree and a special one for you in your room. We’ve decided to put a little tree in your room and take you to the store to let you pick out a new ornament for it each year and I’ll buy two of them. I figure this way, when you’re all grown up and move into a place of your own you’ll have some ornaments for your tree and ours won’t be bare. Plus, I'll want to have them to remind me of when you were this little.


Camden, I hope you know how much we love you. You are mommy and daddy’s little miracle and you mean the world to us.


Exciting things that happened this month -
- You're 1st OSU/Michigan game - OSU won!
- You're 1st Thansgiving. We spent it with your Grandma and Grandpa Laurent.
- Grandpa Adams, Great Grandma Adams and Aunt Debbie came to visit.
- You met your Great Grandma Borne and your Grandpa Laurent's side of the family.

No comments: