Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...

I’ve been thinking a lot about family traditions and what family traditions we would like to start in our family. One tradition we’ve decided to start is going out and cutting down our Christmas tree. Brian and I actually did this the first year we were married but skipped last year due to the horrible morning sickness I was experiencing. This year I’ve been so excited about cutting down our tree. I’ve been picturing how the day would go for a few weeks now. Needless to say, the day did not go as I envisioned.

The day started out great. Brian, Camden and I had a relaxing morning and headed out after Cam’s first nap. Everything was going the way I had planned. To make things even better… it was snowing outside! After stopping by Lowe’s to get work gloves and twine (hard lesson learned the 1st year we did this) and by Toys R Us to buy Wii Fit (yeh!), we headed to the tree farm. Once we arrived we realized it wasn’t the same one we went to two years prior. I was a little disappointed since that one had Santa and this one didn’t but things were still okay. After putting Cam in his snowsuit I realized the Baby Bjorn wasn’t going to work. It wouldn’t snap over his snowsuit. This is where things fell apart. The only other option was to put him in his car seat and carry him. He started crying and we were freezing. To make a long story short, we didn’t see Santa, we didn’t drink hot chocolate by the fire, and we didn’t get a Blue Spruce Christmas Tree. In fact, we didn’t cut down a tree at all! Instead we drove 40 minutes to get a precut tree that we could have gotten at Anderson’s which is 2 minutes from our house! Now don’t get me wrong, we actually had a great day and it was definitely memorable. This is one tradition that we will continue. I just hope Camden enjoys himself a little more next year!


1st time in snowsuit....






At the tree farm....

Precut trees....



Brian did most of the work...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Welcome to having a child...nothing goes as planned! :)