Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving...

Brian, Camden and I (and the pups) had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our family. It started the Sunday before Thanksgiving when my dad, Grandma and Aunt came to visit. My dad spend the afternoon holding and spoiling Camden while the rest of us played Wii. My Grandma almost beat me in bowling!


Grandpa Adams and Camden sneaking in a quick nap...





Thanksgiving morning Brian and I loaded up the Jeep. After we packed everything we “needed” for Camden, I didn’t think we were going to have enough room for our stuff or for the pups. It looked like we packed the entire house! I didn’t realize we would need so much for a weekend trip. It turns out we didn’t. When there’s family around that doesn’t see Camden on a daily basis they are all you need. Next time the swing and Bumpo stay at home!

When we arrived in Decatur, Grandma and Grandpa Laurent got their hugs and kisses in and then we headed over to Aunt Charlotte's house. There were several family members who Camden had never met so it was nice to be able to spend the day with them.






The day after Thanksgiving, Terri and I head out to join in the Black Friday festivities. We left the house at 4:45am and headed to Babies R Us. After BRU we headed to Target and quickly figured out they didn’t open until 6am. People were standing outside in the freezing cold, in a line that wrapped around the building..crazy! We decided we didn’t need anything that bad so we moved on to Toys R Us. It was the same way. I hope Camden doesn’t ever want something that I can only get by standing in line for hours in the cold and then for hours in line to pay for it. But if he does, myself or Brian will probably do it just so we can see the excitement on his face Christmas morning. Anyway, we stopped a Starbucks and Wal Mart and were home by 8:30am! I think we got a lot done in a short amount of time!

We spent the remainder of the weekend at the lake cottage. Friday evening was spent entertaining my nephew Zane and Camden. It was cute to see the boys together. On Saturday, Pat and Maya headed up and we celebrated Thanksgiving with Aunt Beth, Karly, Ben and Uncle Dan. I love the holidays!





It was such a great weekend. We have so much to be thankful for!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

My goodness you were a busy bunch this past weekend! It sounds like everyone had so much fun :)