Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's a boy!

Little One –

Today your daddy and I found out you’re a boy! We are so excited and so thrilled to have another boy joining our family. You’re growing and everything seems to be progressing well. The only concern at this time is that your breach. The doctor said she’s not too concerned because you’ll be moving and turning over the next 20 weeks so hopefully when you’re ready to come out, you’ll be in the correct position. It’s just something we’ll have to keep an eye on.

As for your name, we’ve decided to call you Ethan R Laurent. I know I mentioned in an earlier post that your daddy and I couldn’t decide on a name, but once we found out you were a boy we quickly agreed on the name. I have to admit, this name was just added to the list a couple of weeks ago. Once I heard it, it was like something clicked. I knew from that point on you were going to be a boy and your name was going to be Ethan. I’m just glad your daddy finally agreed!

As for the letter R in your name. We’re carrying on a tradition. Your brother’s middle initial is J, just like your daddy’s. The J stands for several things including the first names of both of your great-grandmothers on your daddy’s side and the first name of your Grandpa Adams. The R in your name is also your Uncle Pat’s middle initial. It stands for the first names of your great-grandfathers on your daddy’s side and your great-grandmother from my side.

As for the reactions from people when we told them…Your grandparents are obviously happy, but I’d have to say your Uncle Pat’s reaction was the best. He sounded so excited. It was like he could picture all the fun we’re going to have with you four boys. Yep – four! Not only do you have an older brother and an older cousin, but by the time you arrive you will have another older cousin! Family get togethers are going to be a blast! Just remember you can tackle your brother and cousins, but not the kids at daycare!

When I picked your brother up from daycare today, I told him he was going to have a baby brother. He responded by saying “My baby brother”. I thought it was cute. I know he doesn’t fully understand the changes coming his way and I’m not sure how he’s going to react to you when we bring you home, but I hope and pray that you two grow to love and depend on one other and be as close as two brothers could possibly be.

The next several months are going to be busy with the holiday season approaching, but the one thing I want to do is cherish this time and enjoy the rest of this pregnancy.

I am so excited to finally be able to call you by your name, Ethan.

Mommy, Daddy and your big brother, Camden are so excited and we can’t wait to meet you!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Ziegman can't wait to meet you as well Ethan. Love you a whole bunch already.